After you’ve had your label made, the next clear step is to actually apply it to your product, and that comes with an entirely new set of problems. These days, there are lots of different label adhesive options, and in most cases, you have to know what you’re looking for before you ever even have the label printed.
Many of today’s labels are attached to your product with pressure sensitive adhesives, and there are several different kinds available. The benefit of this type of labeling is that it doesn’t usually require heat or other specialized processes to apply it, so it’s ideal when you’re just getting started.
The first type of pressure sensitive adhesives is permanent. These are designed so they can’t be removed without actually tearing the label, and these are great if you’re looking for solid adhesion the first time.
Peelable labels are also an increasingly common type of pressure sensitive adhesive. Here you get a strong hold, but the label itself can be removed without any serious tearing or scraping. These days, you see lots of custom printed bath and body labels as well as candle labels employing this technology.
Ultra-peelable is another adhesive you may want to consider if you have a fairly sensitive product. These ensure no residue is left behind, and while they will stay on your product initially, they probably won’t stick to anything once they’ve been removed for the first time. If you have a product that is subject to frigid conditions, you’ll need a frost fix label adhesive. While typical permanent adhesives will stick to -10 degrees Celsius, this variety will stick to negative forty degrees.
Labels made for products that tend to be in rough or grimy conditions most often employ high tack adhesives. It grabs the surface of your product even if it’s rough or dirty, and it rarely lets go.
Hello again everyone, today we bring you another fantastic educational video this time on our Custom Foil Labels. Foil labels can seem a bit daunting at first because of all your options but after watching the video below you should be well on your way to a full understanding of what type of foil labels you prefer.
Ready to have custom printed cosmetic labels designed for your new product? There are many concerns surround cosmetic labels, and before you can even sit down to the table with a designer, you have to look at all of the aspects to ensure your product labeling is correct and safe for your customer.
- The law says that you have to identify both the manufacturer or the distributor on every label you print. Moreover, you must also include a way for any consumer to reach that individual. This helps protect the consumer should they experience serious problems as a result of your product.
- Ingredients play a role in this equation too. The laws also state that if you want to distribute a cosmetic product in the United States, you have to list the ingredients on your custom printed cosmetic labels in the order that they appear. Each ingredient has to actually be identified by its botanical name.
- The weight of your product should be on your label as well. Keep in mind that you should list the weight in both standard and metric somewhere on the label.
- Finally, don’t forget to include any product warning statements as part of your overall custom printed cosmetic label design. It is essential that you warn consumers of any possible dangers. For example, if they shouldn’t go in the sun for four hours after using your product, that’s probably something they should know.
Custom printed cosmetic labels tend to be a bit more intricate than other labeling projects, but with the help of the right designer, you can incorporate all of the important aspects with a great design and still end up with an amazing finished product.
Hello everyone, we have been getting a lot of questions about the differences in our clear labels so we put together a great informational video for you guys to check out. So please take a few minutes to watch the video below and learn more about your clear label options.
Custom clear labels are a specialty of LabelChoices.com. Our clear labels are waterproof and when taken proper care of the clear adhesive labels can last for years. Our clear labels come in 2 styles, Crystal Clear Labels and Standard Clear Labels, Call us now at 877-522-3524 to speak with a branding specialist for help choosing the right labels for you.
Uniquely Shaped Labels – A Few Things to Consider
Custom printed labels are a great way to show off your product, and one of the choices a number of companies, both small and large, are making these days is to add a unique shape to their labels to help further distinguish their product from the other company’s. Before you order an order in a slightly different shape than you’d expected, though, there are several things you may want to consider.
- Custom Cuts:While most label sizes and shapes are available from many custom label printing companies these days, there are a few custom shapes that you may have to have a custom die made for, and that can add to your overall costs. If you really want to get creative, make certain that it is in your budget. Otherwise, you can achieve a custom cut look that may be a bit cheaper if you choose to go with a more traditional die cut.
- Adhesive Choices: If you’ve already chosen your adhesive, make sure it’s going to work out with your label. Some shapes don’t adhere to the surface of your product as well depending on what you’re selling, so ensure that the adhesive and the cut of your label work well together.
- Printing Methods: Keep in mind that die cuts only work well with the printing methods, so before you make the choice to go with a shape that’s a bit different, make certain the custom label printing company you’re moving forward with supports that particular shape.
Custom printed die cut labels are an excellent way to change the face of your business, but there are several things you should consider before you place your order.
Preparing to create your own perfect custom printed labels? Whether you’re in the market for customized cosmetic labels or even food labels, you’re likely to want to use some colors when you get ready to print your labels, but how do you know which colors will look good on the product when you’re done? Your branding strategy may end up dictating some of your efforts, but more often than not, there are going to be some choices on your end too. As you prepare to make color choices for your custom printed labels, these ideas can help
- Ensure You Incorporate at Least Part of Your Brand’s Colors: Completely ignoring your brand’s colors is absolutely the wrong way to go. Color is part of your overall branding strategy, so make certain that you incorporate at least part of those colors into the custom printed labels you choose
- Don’t Forget About Product Color: The color of the product you’re marketing has to be part of the selection process. You don’t want to choose colors that clash or simply look awful if you’re using a clear bottle.
- Remember That Colors Evoke Feelings: These days, green means eco-friendly. If you’re going to move forward with an eco-friendly branding strategy, incorporate green into your labels. Likewise brown tends to offer an earthy, traditional feel to a product. Think carefully about the feelings you’re creating in a buyer before you choose your colors.
- Some Colors Look Awful Together: Choosing to clash colors right there on the label is just a bad idea. The entire goal here is to get customers to pick up the product, not to turn away from it in search of another brand, so be aware of the colors that simply aren’t going to work together.
In most cases, a graphic designer with the label company of your choice can help you come up with a custom printed label strategy that incorporates great colors that reflect your brand, so if you’re not sure which colors to choose, don’t hesitate to ask for a bit of help at the outset. It could help you avoid a costly mistake.
If you’ve been working hard to brand your company lately, you may be thinking about every possible way to incorporate the look of that brand into your marketing efforts, and many companies look at the one thing customers come into contact with every day to help boost those efforts – your product labeling. At the outset, though, some move forward with generic labeling to save cash. Unfortunately, this is a terrible move. Custom printed labels are a great way to move your brand forward. Not sure why? Here are just a few of the most popular reasons.
- Custom Printed Labels Are Eye Catching: Ever shopped for spaghetti sauce? In many cases, even the jars are the same shape and size, and your label may be the only chance you have to truly distinguish yourself from your competitors. Going to generic colors or even shapes are only going to damage your brand and help it to look exactly like everyone else.
- Custom Printed Labels Are Beautiful: Because customized label choices typically come in everything from clear to semi-gloss, you can give your product an elegant touch that simply isn’t available with the economy choice labels you’re considering. It’s differences like these that may help convince a customer to pick up your bottle of wine over that of another brand, and if there’s a chance you can hit your marketing goals with one simple choice, you should always take it.
- Custom Printed Labels are Economical: You can absolutely go cheaper than a custom printed label, but think of the costs as part of your advertising budget. Even with custom choices, there are ways to cut costs here and there and still have a beautiful outcome that reflects who you are as a company. That chance should always be taken over some big label package everyone who owns a factor can purchase.